Saturday, April 19, 2008

SCORE!!!!!!!

Lookie at what I found today.... lucky girl I am!! I love, love, love this !! I bought it at a yard sale this morning, it was a steal. ( I won't tell you how much I paid for it, it would make you cry) It actually does have a laddle, but the handle is broken, still, a very pretty piece.


As if that were not grand enough.. I happened up on these treasures!!
There were actually 2 of these plates ( yes, I got them both!!) and these wonderful wooden doll? candle holders? I don't really care what they are.. they are divine and they are MINE! :)The bigger doll looks like she was supposed to have some sort of lid, she's hallow all the way down. and the bottom of her looks as if it were supposed to maybe fit into something else?( curiouser and curiouser) If anyone has any idea what she was intended to be, I would love to hear it, not that it really matters, she makes me smile. The little one has one hole in the top of her head that looks like a candle should go in it.. They both came from a woman who said that she "picked them up in Holland".. well, next time I'm in Holland, I 'll be sure to buy some more! The Plates? well, they can just speak for themselves...it was a good day indeed!

2 comments:

Jona Giammalva said...

Wow, you scored big time!! Those are so cute. You can just set them on a shelf and look at them every time you need cheering up!

Clara said...

OMG...LOVE those dollies!!!!